Original topic:

After update can't talk except on speakerphone

(Topic created: 08-04-2021 12:47 PM)
spence209
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I installed the new Samsung update. Ever since then when I call someone I have to talk talk them on speaker phone. I know the ear speaker works because when i call someone on messenger I can hear it ringing through my ear speaker and then it goes silent. I have to use it in speaker as well. It's something to do with the update. 

19 Replies
Youana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi, so what i am gonna do now? It’s all my social accounts and i can't get any off them. I need to sent some important email what i can't.
0 Likes
user6FO9TA1qD8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I did the update in September 2021 and now my phone drops calls in 1-2 minutes and I can't multitasking while on the phone. Us Cellular isn't able to help. They are saying it's a known issue with the latest Samsung update. Happening too S10 phones. They report they are aware of the issue and Samsung has acknowledged the issue oh, but don't expect a fix until sometime in November. I am beyond irate. I am a firefighter and paramedic in need to have a phone that works. Thanks Samsung and US cellular. Time to buy a new phone. I can guarantee you it won't be Samsung
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I can see how this can be frustrating. Does this issue happen when you use other apps? Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
user6FO9TA1qD8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
It only dropped when I'm making phone calls. And also I am not able to search things on the internet while on a phone call anymore for instance. US Cellular says Samsung is aware of this and are working on it. But a fix won't be out until November
0 Likes
user6FO9TA1qD8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Are you saying this is not a known issue after the last update? And that US Cellular is actually lying to me, with regards to the S10?
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

It is not a known issue with Samsung. Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
user6FO9TA1qD8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Wow that's very interesting since 2 separate US Cellular reps told me today this is a known issue with the last update and the S10 phone. Makes me wonder which of you are lying. 🤔. Think I need to call US cellular back with this information. They really need to give me a better deal on a different phone now that I know they lied about it being a known issue that Samsung acknowledged and stated they would not be able to fix for another month. Samsung should really be mad. Yes happens to matter which mode I am in.
0 Likes
user6FO9TA1qD8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Wow samsung dropped that fast
0 Likes
userHmWfbJE3br
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I had the same thing happen with my A20S.  Everything was working perfectly, and then there was a system update, and from then on I could only answer calls by speakerphone or by plugging in a headset.  The ear speaker no longer makes even the slightest noise.  If I try to speak using the ear speaker, my voice goes to whoever is calling me sounding like it was processed through a mangled vocoder with a dying battery.  It is utterly unintelligible.

I have even attempted to have the phone repaired, but they can find nothing wrong with the ear speaker.  It just isn't getting anything sent to it anymore.  Due to the timing, this has to be because of the update.  I even tried a factory reset, multiple times, and it changes nothing.  How on earth does a software update cause a failure of this magnitude?

0 Likes
bigvern1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Ever since the update it seams like my phone glitches and my text message opens and it will close my screen and delete the message I am trying to type. It has done it 3 times trying to type this. Very annoying.... it even keeps my phone from auto rotation... please help!!!
0 Likes