JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery Drain since the past two updates

(Topic created: 11-01-2022 06:19 PM)
OdengTang
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since the newest past two updates, my phone's battery drains significantly faster than before. Whereas before, it would drop maybe 20% over regular use, now the charge is nearly depleted completely after same amount of use. Same with my wife's same phone, same problems. What's the deal with this? Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
William_S22U
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to SETTINGS, then to BATTERY AND DEVICE CARE. Click on BATTERY. This will show you which apps are draining your battery.

As you can see on my phone, One UI Home is using the MOST of my battery. This is the One UI 5. The battery WILL learn my usage and adjust accordingly.

Click on MORE BATTERY SETTINGS and make sure ADAPTIVE BATTERY is turned on. It'll take 3 to 5 days to learn your usage. All new UI updates reset this due to additional features.

If you do NOT use GESTURES, make sure those are turned off.

Make sure that PROCESSING SPEED is set to OPTIMIZED.

Go back, and select BACKGROUND USAGE LIMITS. Make sure PUT UNUSED APPS TO SLEEP is turned on.Screenshot_20221101_203825_Device care.png

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
William_S22U
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to SETTINGS, then to BATTERY AND DEVICE CARE. Click on BATTERY. This will show you which apps are draining your battery.

As you can see on my phone, One UI Home is using the MOST of my battery. This is the One UI 5. The battery WILL learn my usage and adjust accordingly.

Click on MORE BATTERY SETTINGS and make sure ADAPTIVE BATTERY is turned on. It'll take 3 to 5 days to learn your usage. All new UI updates reset this due to additional features.

If you do NOT use GESTURES, make sure those are turned off.

Make sure that PROCESSING SPEED is set to OPTIMIZED.

Go back, and select BACKGROUND USAGE LIMITS. Make sure PUT UNUSED APPS TO SLEEP is turned on.Screenshot_20221101_203825_Device care.png
Pr1nceT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Best advice right here.
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If the excessive battery drain is due to a recent update it.may be the result of a software bug. After every OS and security update I perform a partition cache clear which is good at clearing out bugs and doesn't require you to back up all of your data like you have to do with a factory reset.
whatsinanickname
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
And how do you do that, because I was wondering why my phone has been acting funny since this last update. I don't like that and have never had these issues with any previous samsungs I've purchased previously. Think I may be finally making the switch to iphone ....
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You didn't specify what model of Samsung you have but the process is the same for most models. Here are the steps:
https://thedroidguy.com/clear-cache-partition-samsung-android-10-1123648
0 Likes