JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera Icon disappeared?

(Topic created: 05-20-2022 12:37 AM)
KismetShabazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This is my second S20. On my last one the phone automatically updated and the camera icon completely disappeared; I couldn't even go into the phone's settings and restore the button - it was gone. When I received this new phone it came just as "intact" as my previous phone - with a camera icon that was already on the home screen. After I inadvertently restored the previous phone's backed up data the camera icon disappeared from this one as well.

Is there any way - barring a factory reset - that I can restore the camera icon?
11 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
If camera disappeared from the home screen, can't you add it from your app drawer?

Swipe up on the home screen to see if camera icon is there.

KismetShabazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It's not there either.
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Can other apps access camera?

Also go to settings and search for camera. This should show results and one of them would be about camera. In there scroll down to reset settings. See if this can help.

KismetShabazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes. It's weird because I can open the camera by commanding Bixby. Yet, the icon is completely gone - as if I uninstalled a factory app. I've even tried to add it as a widget.... nothing.
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
See if camera app got somehow disabled by the system.

Go to settings, then Apps and look at the list to see if camera is there.

KismetShabazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It's there.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@KismetShabazz Try this:

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Home screen
  3. Click on Hide apps
  4. If Camera is listed under hidden apps, click the minus sign to unhide it. 
KismetShabazz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
You're a Godsent. Thank you. I feel rather stupid now that I know that was all I had to do. Lol, thank you.
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

have you tried cache partition clearing and reboot? just something basic to try if you haven't.

you could also report the issue to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report