JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I stop samsung from trying to intercept my email?

(Topic created: 05-15-2022 04:35 PM)
Lou_Brocation
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Anybody know the answer?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Lou_Brocation If the Samsung Email app is asking you for this info, just force quit that app and forget about it. Since you are happy using the Gmail app. 

But is there a misunderstanding here? Are you saying that your Samsung account is asking for verification after you added your Gmail email to your Samsung account? If so, the process should be that you:

1. You add your Gmail address to your Samsung account.
  2. Your Samsung account sends a verification email to your Gmail address. 
  3. Opening the email and clicking the link should take you to your Samsung account.
  4. If you aren't already logged into your Samsung account, you will be asked for the password to your Samsung account to verify the Gmail address. 

View solution in context

10 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S20

@Lou_Brocation What is happening to make you think that Samsung is intercepting your email? 

0 Likes
Lou_Brocation
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
When I select the mail app there is a message saying to use this I need verify you account, but I'm using Gmail so I shouldn't have to verify anything.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S20

@Lou_Brocation It is asking you for verification that it is actually you. Not someone else trying to gain access to your email account. 

0 Likes
Lou_Brocation
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Well it has an orange exclamation point next to my Gmail addresses. If I select one it then asks me for the password. I suspect that it will then use a Samsung mail server and I don't want that
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S20

@Lou_Brocation Regardless of which email app you are using, you will need to enter your password for the email account so that app can show you your email. 

0 Likes
Faith4Hope
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
If you feel uncomfortable with using the Samsung email app, you could use the Gmail app for your Gmail emails.
Then you could: disconnect your emails, revoke permissions, revoke access, clear the cache, clear the data (which would also include the cache, so might as well go with this one), discontinue use, & uninstall. Technically, I think uninstalling would handle all of that to be honest.
Then you can still have an app for your email without having to just go through an internet browser of choice- and it would be the official app specifically made for Gmail by Google themselves.
I hope that this somehow helps.
0 Likes
Lou_Brocation
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Ty for the answer. My Gmail works just fine I'm trying to get the Samsung mail to stop asking me to add my Gmail to the Samsung account
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S20

@Lou_Brocation If the Samsung Email app is asking you for this info, just force quit that app and forget about it. Since you are happy using the Gmail app. 

But is there a misunderstanding here? Are you saying that your Samsung account is asking for verification after you added your Gmail email to your Samsung account? If so, the process should be that you:

1. You add your Gmail address to your Samsung account.
  2. Your Samsung account sends a verification email to your Gmail address. 
  3. Opening the email and clicking the link should take you to your Samsung account.
  4. If you aren't already logged into your Samsung account, you will be asked for the password to your Samsung account to verify the Gmail address. 
Lou_Brocation
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Wonderful info thank you very much
0 Likes