Original topic:

Unable to store more data into data files after update

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 10:07 AM)
tomfrancis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

After the update I haven't been able to properly store more data into my data file because the privacy apps assume it's a virus trying to get in. I just want the old update back without the security update so that way I can add more data to my data file.

16 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Try rebooting into recovery mode, clear the cache, and then run the repair apps option (if available, OS 13). Your phone will restart. Test out. LMK if this helps! GL!
tomfrancis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
How do I go into recovery mode? I have an S20 and don't understand what repair apps option you are referring to. Thank you for the advice though
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Are you on Android 13?
0 Likes
tomfrancis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
From my knowledge, no.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Either way, to get into recovery mode:

Turn phone off

Hold the volume up and power buttons simultaneously.

Once you see the Samsung logo, release the power button, but KEEP HOLDING THE VOLUME UP button until your phone is in recovery mode. Clear the cache partition, run the repair apps option (if available), then reboot your device. Test it out. LMK if this helps! GL!
0 Likes
tomfrancis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Alr thanks, I'll try this out and let you know.
0 Likes
tomfrancis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
With all due respect, you didn't answer my question about the recovery mode and repair apps.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Look above, high speed.
0 Likes
tomfrancis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Alright so I rebooted it from recovery mode now how do I navigate to the repair apps?
0 Likes