Original topic:

Wi-Fi calling Galaxy S20

(Topic created: 06-24-2022 04:07 PM)
usergw6NUfwUwF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am trying to turn on wifi calling on my Galaxy S20. Unlike every other S20, mine does not have "wifi calling" in either my phone app settings menu or the pull down menu. Background: Two months ago I switched carriers,  from Republic Wireless to Ting.  Republic Wireless's wifi calling technology was different -- it was done via their SIM card (or something like that). As a result,  some unusual settings were required on the phone. Alas, I do not remember what these settings were nor how to bring the phone back to its original configuration.  My guess -- and it is only a guess  -- is that this is why my phone does not offer me "wifi call" menu options, when every other S20 phone does.  Does anyone have any ideas

4 Replies
1NATE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
No comment
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Features like that are carrier-specific (like the default video calling on your phone).
You need to update your phone with your new carrier's specific firmware. They may have it available on their website, or you can find it online. Just make sure you get the exact one for your model phone and for your carrier.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

what @ILoveGabcom said, spot on.

0 Likes