Original topic:

Allow usage tracking popup, how to stop it?

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 07:58 PM)
mangofirst
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've been receiving a pop-up message that says "allow usage tracking is off. To monitor other apps and determine when to keep or close the command screen, turn this on in settings."

I don't want to allow usage tracking. Is there a way to stop receiving the popup? It will even stop a video recording in progress when it pops up. Also, it happens with different apps open, as well as over the lock screen.

Screenshot_20220807-124718_Bixby Voice.jpg

4 Replies
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Try booting into safe mode and see if that still happens if it does it's probably a third party app and you're going to have to try to find that app and get rid of it if it does and it's not a third party app there could be a fault somewhere in the software and I would say contact Samsung care directly
0 Likes
mangofirst
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It seems to be coming from either the Alexa app or Bixby. I removed Alexa and didn't have the pop-up all day until the phone asked me what program I wanted to use to open something. When I chose Bixby (I've got everything for Bixby shut off as much as possible), the pop-up came up.

So I think the random ones were because of Alexa app.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Create an SSM report to see what the issue is they can take a look at the log and pinpoint the issue.

mangofirst
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Okay, what is an SSM report and is there a how to guide foe creating one?
0 Likes