Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra and Android 12 Update APPS Crashing

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 10:59 AM)
Jamkat-S21-Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Have had my S21 Ultra since pre-sale earlier this year.  Now after the recent Android 12 update,  I am having multiple apps crashing for no apparent reason.  Videos in my news feeds will stop playing and give a popup stating "unable to play video and a retry button".  Some of games will stop running too.

Anyone else having issue after recent update?

19 Replies
Vercept
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My family and I have three Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultras on Verizon I bought mine straight from Samsung they bought theirs from Verizon all three of us got an update Dec3 for Android 12.

We're all suffering massive lag when scrolling the screen on anything and it's hurting our eyes we can't use our phones this needs to be fixed immediately this is the most horrendous experience I've ever had on a phone I don't know how they let this pass.

Is Samsung doesn't fix this now I will never buy Samsung product for myself for my family ever again.

The version ends in BUK7
0 Likes
Mrmiddlebrook
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've watched a Tiktok about that and supposedly got fixed the next update
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very sorry to hear of the display issues on your S21 Ultra devices. Have you tried toggling the refresh rate for your displays? The steps are:

Step 1: Open the Settings app.

Step 2: Select the Display option.

Step 3: Scroll down and click on Motion Smoothness.

Step 4: Select the refresh rate you wish to use.

Step 5: Click the Apply button.

If the steps do not work, you can also try submitting an error report via the Members app:

1. Long press Samsung Members icon  on Apps screen and Tap Error reports.

2. Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data.

3. Select Symptom category.

4. Describe problem in detail and SEND. 

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

While you're waiting on the fix, try using Edge as your browser.  On my VZW Ultra all my apps are smooth as is Edge.  Chrome and Samsung Internet exhibit the problem.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Vercept
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It is set to 120 and is not smooth at all it's giving me epilepsy and migraines fix this now
0 Likes
Markcam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue and now the light for eye shield is flickering too oh my goodness this update is too much
0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey Guys, it looks like Ryder provided some steps above. Has anyone tried these steps? Did it help anyone? If not, what were the results? Also, has anyone submitted an error report? 

(To report do the following:

1. Long press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen and Tap Error reports.
  2. Tap OK on the agreement popup to send system log data.
  3. Select Symptom category.
  4. Describe the problem in detail and SEND. ) 
0 Likes
Markcam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I did that. Dec 9 update kind of fixed the issue but not 100%. Now my main game that I play on my phone, RAGNAROK ORIGINS has been super slow, makes phone super hot after the update. This is happening even at the slowest fps, least display and no sounds. This android 12 ruined your flagship phone. It's hard to swallow the fact but someone dropped the ball in your main software department.
0 Likes
Vercept
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes when I play cod mobile this stupid green light is on
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

If you're on Verizon or T-Mobile there is the December Security Patch which fixes that.  Other carriers and Unlocked still to come.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes