Original topic:

Music not listed after reset of phone

(Topic created: 08-16-2022 07:19 AM)
Twinkstar1251
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I had to reset my phone.  I don't have my music listed.  Is there anyway to get them back?  Is there an option to downpours an earlier backup?

7 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey there.

If you factory reset your device, all content and settings will have been wiped off of the phone completely.

If you made a backup of the music and other content, you can restore it. You would have had to manually backed up this data using a tool such as Smart Switch or another.

Sorry that you may have lost that data.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Twinkstar1251
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi. I made an online backup. I'm not sure how to get to it
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Where did you backup your music and where did you purchase or transfer it from?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
ForestGirl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Why is it every time they do an update it screws up my phone. I hate updates.
0 Likes
GoingTheDist
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Are you using a music streaming service like Spotify or did you download the songs off your computer?
0 Likes
Twinkstar1251
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Some I downloaded and some I bought. I thought they would be linked to my Samsung account
0 Likes
Solution
Twinkstar1251
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Solution update: I had Verizon cloud and it had all my music backed up. I also looked in my files and they was there. Thank you everyone for your help