JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-22-2021 12:46 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userkGUjShco4u 

Wait, so are you saying with all those complaints you're planning on moving to Apple which has the same issues already, plus an extremely limited and locked down OS and ecosystem? Why?

Anyway, I don't disagree. It would be nice to have all the things that we used to have plus all the cool new stuff, but we have to remember how competitive this business is. They have to cut costs, and come up with new ways to generate more profit. Yes this means we will lose some features. Yes it means we will lose a charging brick in the box, yes we will start seeing cheaper materials in some models... but at least we still see someone trying to compete! If we give up on Samsung now, I'm afraid in a couple of years there will be no choice left but Apple. I don't want that.

Personally I thought very carefully about the No SD Card thing, and while it introduces some new challenges, I decided I could live without it, I even went with a 128GB model... To me, it feels like the time to embrace the cloud storage, and stick with local backups for data. I realized that I had 150GB of videos and photos on my SD card that I had already backed up to Google Photos and my PC, videos edited and uploaded to YouTube. And a quick review of apps and games revealed that more than half  were not used in months or ever... I said to myself it's time to end the digital hoarding and enjoy a cleaner, and faster phone. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userkGUjShco4u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I will most likely switch to other android brands. yes I agree on the competition but that's was made samsung stand out for me. and dont tell me they are not make good profits on these models a micro sd card ina 6.8" phone can be manager come what features you are trying to include. Also the whole hypocrisy of mocking apple for not shipping the charging block by Samsung official channels when they where doing the same just stinks. I am always loyal to the brand I support and I have the full Samsung group of product but that means thr brand has to be upstanding.

also the apple phone have the same features now as the new s21 on top to that it offer better privacy safeguards than android and a old model of iPhone doesn't drop off in the price range like some Samsung do.

Options
Galaxy S21

Even if you manage to lean the files you have with you it doesn't provide access to those lovely cloud files when you have no network connectivity. I have a lot of friends who had that experience following the explosion in Nashville Tennessee on Christmas day. They lost access for several days. It effected multiple carriers and multiple states as it took out a network hub. I won several contracts over competitors that were unable to access their data and presentations. This is a major step backwards on Samsung's part.

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ReyRex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm very disappointed at Samsung's decision to nix the SD card expansion and not include a charger with the phone. I'll be skipping my yearly upgrade. 

AlexS10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am unhappy with Samsung decisions for the s21.

I was looking forward to the s21, might as well call it iPhone S21.

* be like iPhone no aux port

* be like iPhone remove the charger($50 for the super fast charger)

* be like iPhone no SD Card.

no

people should skip the s21 and hopefully Samsung loses $$ on this at least then they might fix in time for the note

Echo808
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

They learned after the S6's removal. Hopefully they will again after the S21s.

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I have 1TB storage with SD card on my S10.  I THOUGHT about going with the S20, but didn't like camera reviews.  I figured that I would get the S21 because its camera is improved.  But with no SD card, I can't do it.  I've been to 50 countries and have 32,000+ pictures on my phone (last time I looked) and I like sharing them by showing them from my phone.  And I travel to places that don't have cell service, or it is very expensive, so I like have the pictures ON THE PHONE.  I've had OneDrive backup since it was first called SkyDrive, but it is too slow compared to locating and showing things on my phone. (in addition to sometimes not having cell service)

I guess I will have to wait for the S22 or S30 or something.  Bummer.

usernV2fcs00Sg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Wow thanks a lot Samsung. I have owned a S1, S4,S7, and currently a S9 and S20. I was OK with the missing 3.5 jack on the S20 because the SD card was still there. It is time to upgrade the S9. I saw the S21 has no SD card slot  very important to me because I have big files  that must be on an local drive.  I have been a Samsung fan boy for years and Android but now may defect to Apple. Seems Samsung wants to become them and provide no alternatives.

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes