JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Read Receipts , Delivered, Typing not available in Messages

(Topic created: 02-12-2021 08:19 PM)
MariaJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Can anyone help me on how to get the read receipts I have tried the setting on the messeges and its not working. I ordered my galaxy s21 ultra through samsung (unlocked) I hope what I read from the s20 is true for this phone too. That if the phone is bought unlocked this feature wont apply to your phone.😟

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

In order for read receipts to work, The Messages app, be it Google or Samsung, must have read receipts configured on and the carrier must also support this feature. Your recipient also must have read receipts activated for you to see if they read your message.

In other words, all the stars have to align 😉

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

24 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

In order for read receipts to work, The Messages app, be it Google or Samsung, must have read receipts configured on and the carrier must also support this feature. Your recipient also must have read receipts activated for you to see if they read your message.

In other words, all the stars have to align 😉

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
MariaJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
both my carrier (tmobile) and my phone app (samsung) have the feature I just upgraded from my old s8 that's the only change. a technician went on my phone and reseted it and still nothing. and this literally just happened now.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Ask the person you're texting with to turn on read receipts at their end.  Just like with email read receipts, most people don't want to enable that so that they can have the excuse "oh, I never saw that" 😉

Bill
---
userQg0rPIb4Sz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem with my S21. Ealier today oi worked, then my phone did an update and it no longer was available. can't seem to get it back.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Rumor has it that the latest update removed Chat features from Google Messages.  Samsung Message should still work.

Bill
---
userQg0rPIb4Sz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks, but they don't. The update negated the read, deliver, and typing feature. I was texting prior to and after the update with no other changes during.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

I just checked my phone and Google Messages does have those options under Chat.  Are you saying that you have them as well bur they don't work?

Thanks

Bill
---
userQg0rPIb4Sz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I use the messaging from the phone. not sure what system controls it.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

OK, Samsung Message is the factory default messaging app, it is what I use and I have those options and Verizon supports it.  What I don't have is anyone to text that I know also has it enabled to test it 😉

Bill
---