Original topic:

S21 Plus not getting any updates, stuck on Android 12

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
usergQ79cXbKOB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Does anybody have any idea on why my s21plus wont get updates. Im stuck on android 12 & I have available space but it still says its up to date when its not.

5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

You can try to use Smart Switch to see if a update pops up are you still with the carrier that you purchased the phone with also 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
usergQ79cXbKOB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
No I purchased it from Tmobile the year it came out and ive been with boost mobile for the past year or so
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

That could be the reason its not getting updates now since you switched from T-Mobile to Boost.  T-Mobile would have been the one to update your device.  You could try getting a pre paid T-Mobile sim and see if it will allow it to update  

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

usergQ79cXbKOB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok I will try that I appreciate it
0 Likes
mike42042071281
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea mine hasn't updated since December of 22 frankly I call that a failure on Samsung's part whether they're willing to admit it or not there should be no reason a flagship phone should have something so small interfere with something so large I dread to think of the security updates that I've missed on and frankly and angers me because Samsung should be better than that Why is it always got to be license out to a carrier Why can't they be in control of their own software or at least provide the equipment to upgrade it manually that is just bad business
0 Likes