I have always had Samsung products/devices. I have never really had any issues at all. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy 21 in March 2021. I love(d) this phone. My phone was working perfectly fine. I put it on the charger last night as I always do. I saw a system update started. I fell asleep. Woke up this morning to my phone having a jet black screen. It was powered on. I was able to make calls in my car using blue tooth. After a few hours, it shut off. I was on the phone with my carrier. They ran tests. I even took it into a store and they tried to see what the issue was but could not. I just don't understand how my phone was perfect and then an update runs and destroys my phone. This update ran last evening (August 2, 2022). Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? Thanks in advance!
1. Power off the phone.
2. Hold the power button and the volume up button
3. When the screen lights up, let go of the power button, but keep holding volume up
4. If it the screen is on, good, it just means your OS is broken
5. Try repairing the apps, clearing cache, or even factory resetting.
6. You may need someone to reinstall your OS with ODIN for you (I know how but I don't own a business to help people with stuff like this lol)
If it doesn't work, then your display may have broken over night, was it in bed with you?
Try a reset. Press and Hold he power and Vol down keys until the phone reboots. You may want to try this a few times.
If still black, try to get to the recovery menu by Press and hold the Power and Vol Up keys until you see the logo begin to appear. Again you might want to try this a few times.
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor