JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Music won't play WMA/WMV?

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 02:02 PM)
StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

After transferring all my audio from the S9+ into S21+ 256gb, Samsung Music will not play any of my WMA files, ripped at 192kbps. Am I missing something, as they played perfectly on the S9+?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

According to our service operation policy, Audio and video codecs for WMA/ WMV format aren't supported on Samsung Mobile phones or Samsung Music. However, you can download a 3rd party application that does support the WMA/WMV format from the google play store. Give this link a try for more information on compatible file types: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001308/

View solution in context

22 Replies
user3V9Gehc6K8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
same thing here.
user3V9Gehc6K8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried the YouTube music app. no luck
0 Likes
StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, none of the supplied music players seem to handle WMAs.
Options
Galaxy S21
seems odd might wanna report the issue samsung music app works fine on my galaxy note 10 plus send the report to samsung until they figured out the issue and so they will take notice
StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks. Just submitted report.
user3V9Gehc6K8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
There forcing us into a streaming service.
AJB32577
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I read the stock music player is going to YouTube. Maybe we have to make playlist there? idk what happens with the old ones tho...is there like a grace PD or no updates?
0 Likes
StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Response from Samsung that they are noting this as an issue, and are investigating for a fix.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

did you submit the report via Samsung Members app? or from the Samsugn Music app?

0 Likes