JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure Folder being shady

(Topic created: 03-23-2022 10:45 AM)
userGN8wFUgId1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Since yesterday I've got a notification on my phone, S21 Ultra, that secure folder is downloading something but wont tell me what it is. All it says is "content hidden". When I click on it nothing happens most of the time and when something does happen it just tells me that it can't give me any information about it because I'm not accessing from Secure Folder. 

So basically, my phone is downloading something, it's been doing it for 2 days now, it won't tell me what it is, and it won't let me stop it. Anyone have any ideas what's going on? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Haha I feel exactly the same. Let me actually look it up now that someone else asked too.

Looks like we can go to biometrics -> securefolder -> notifications and data -> show content. Maybe it will let us read those notifications now.

If I had to guess it is trying to update secure folder apps but by default they try to keep it secure/secret from people watching your phone outside secure mode.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Haha I feel exactly the same. Let me actually look it up now that someone else asked too.

Looks like we can go to biometrics -> securefolder -> notifications and data -> show content. Maybe it will let us read those notifications now.

If I had to guess it is trying to update secure folder apps but by default they try to keep it secure/secret from people watching your phone outside secure mode.
userGN8wFUgId1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
That did the trick, Speech Services by Google, that's what it was. Thanks for the help.
Options
Galaxy S21
In addition to my other answer, I believe the GoodLock apps on the Galaxy store have something for notifications, maybe the notistar app or something similar. It allows you to read a history of all notifications in detail. If you combine both answers you can probably feel comfortable and safe with secure folder.
0 Likes