Original topic:

Still unable to access Secure folder

(Topic created: 06-02-2023 07:35 AM)
userzj6hPNYXZc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I went through the previous post about not being able to access secure folder. I did everything, everything I could read.

I went to Samsung settings and into secure folder. I set my password, my pin and my biometrics. Nothing works, I redid my passwords for Samsung account and secure folder. Nothing works. I tried every password I have ever had and it doesn't work. If I lost my data because this app doesn't function properly I will be..less than thrilled.

15 Replies
-Cornelius-
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm not sure if I'm much help if any at all but I do remember that you could access your secure folder in the event that you lost your pin or password with the Samsung account if you set it up that way
Jgamer2iscool
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you backed up your files? If so, you could hard reset and then log back in with samsung account
0 Likes
usermJOide7beJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I set up my secure folder on my first Samsung device (believe it was the 5) as a pattern lock, promptly forgot the pattern, and have not been able to access it since. This apparently follows you to every phone after so it has to be something to do with a cloud feature.
0 Likes
Parrothead21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I used to be able to access my secure folder using a pin. I changed phones and now it's asking for a password instead. I don't have that password and I need to get into my secure folder. Help! Can I change password? Can I change it back to pin access? Thanks
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userzj6hPNYXZc  @Parrothead21 If you type the wrong password, you should see "forgot password" below. You will be able to sign-in to your Samsung account and reset the lock type. 

0 Likes
Acemaster70
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue still exists. Reset everything, but still won't access secure folder with using the correct password. Clear cache/data and still nothing. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@Acemaster70 Is there a reset password option that becomes available after entering an incorrect password?

Acemaster70
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, but when I enter the correct password, it says it's not correct and won't let me do anything, and ultimately if I try to continue it will delete everything. Makes no sense, and I have been since if first happened which. Has been over a year now
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@Acemaster70 The forgot password option should sign you into your Samsung account for you to select a new lock method. Does that not happen?