JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tips for Using the Fingerprint Sensor

(Topic created: 04-06-2021 06:24 PM)
Sammix
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very pleased to say that my struggles with the Galaxy S21 fingerprint sensor are OVER  ...  and no visit to UbreakIFixit was needed. That may come as some relief to those who suffered through my anger and frustration in earlier posts. As a token of my appreciation to you all for putting up with me, I am glad to share what I learned.

It certainly could be possible that your fingerprint sensor is, in fact, defective. This is, after all, a new phone in its first months of production. But you should try these steps first, before making a visit to Ubreak.

You should watch a few videos of people who really know how to work with the fingerprint sensor successfully. Watch how they register their fingers; watch how they use the sensor to actually sign in. That was my big "Aha" moment. So that's the way you're supposed to hold your finger! That's the way you're supposed to press on the sensor! Who knew?

And on the subject of your finger: Don't use your finger - use your thumb. You're giving the sensor more skin to read.

Once you have successfully registered your thumb(s) or your finger(s) don't stop there. Go ahead and practice unlocking your phone with the fingerprint sensor. Do it several times. The more often you do this (up to a point, probably) the faster the sensor recognizes your thumb/finger.

Now that you're getting the hang of it, watch a video from a Fingerprint Master, like "Jimmy is Promo" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9v3H1dOyQc to learn secrets for making the fingerprint sensor work faster. This stuff really works.

At last, I have unlocked the secrets of the Galaxy S21 fingerprint sensor! Now, instead of using my middle finger to talk to my phone, I use my thumbs to unlock it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Great tips! Thanks for posting. ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Great tips! Thanks for posting. ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.