I have a 2 weeks old S21 FE, and a brand new Samsung original 25W PD adapter + original USB-C to USB-C cable. I am very disappointed with the charging speed, both for wired and wireless charging. I have obviously enabled fast charge & fast wireless charge in settings. The cable, socket and so on is 100% fine. The phone's diagnosis tool reports that all is OK.
WIRED: At 27% battery, estimated 62 minutes left to fully charged. At 55% battery, estimated 45 minutes left to fully charged. At 87% battery, estimated 26 minutes left to fully charged.
WIRELESS, with a 15 W charger+same adapter/cable as above: At 13% battery, estimated 3 hours and 50 minutes(!!) left to fully charged. At 55% battery, estimated 2 hours left to fully charged. At 72% battery, estimated 73 minutes left to fully charged.
Is this really normal?
The Samsung chat person suggested:
1. Charge/discharge the phone 2-3 times after it's new, to "stabilize the battery". I guess I haven't fully charged/discharged (100%/0%) 2-3 times. However, I do not really believe it's gonna work.
2. Reset all settings. I'd rather not - as I will lose some hours of customizing-work. I do not believe this will do it, anyway.
3. "We have a fast charge adapter on the website, it's supposed to work very well". Obviously, and not surprisingly, the ***** haven't read what I wrote.
4. Activate Secure Mode and test again. Did it, doesn't have any effect.
5. And here it comes, the suggestion they really like you to try, but the one that you don't wanna try after customizing and downloading and getting stuff just as you want it: reset to factory settings!!! The favorite customer service way to "help". Obviously, I'd rather not.
So.... Any owners of this phone (or similar)? What's your charging experience? Does it "stabilize" after som charge/discharge?
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. Great phone, apart from charging speed....
The wireless charger I have doesn't do a great job either, but it's definitely not close to the better ones (I have used one of Samsung's and it does work decently well on this device).
Wireless charging also is usually slower than wired in general, no matter what device you have (the technology isn't perfect), so I wouldn't expect it to charge nearly as fast.
seems a little slower than what my phone is showing... mine shows ~25min at 88%
I would try what the support told you and see if it's the charging hardware that is defective or something...maybe it's that you aren't placing it correctly on the charging pad since the galaxy phones don't have a magnet to lock into correct position 😕
May I ask - what kind of wireless charging pad do you use (3rd party or Samsung original), and what adapter (Samsung 25 W PD USB-C to USB-C, or other)?