JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Poor video quality when sending

(Topic created: 02-10-2021 10:28 AM)
MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a question. I can't send quality video unless I do it with link sharing.  Sometimes I will take a should video 10 seconds or so and send it to wife or daughter and it's always grainy. They have iPhones but I don't same video to friends with Samsung phones and same results.

Any help would be awesome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

You have to use a 3rd party messenger app like, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Whatsapp etc. iPhones and Android phones are not compatible in regards of sending high quality videos to each other.

View solution in context

19 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
"how" are you sending?
0 Likes
MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
through text message. if I do link sharing video is good.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
We have a neighbor with an iPhone who occasionally sends video via text ... the quality is horrible.
Personally, I just think "it's the nature of the beast" ... one can't expect quality video via text (can they?)
0 Likes
MikeyIrish
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
my wife and daughter will send each other a video in a text and quality is excellent . both having iPhones
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I just sent a video (using my 21 Ultra) to my wife's phone (S21), via text, and the video quality (viewing on her phone within text app) is the same [high quality] as if I'm looking at the original video on my phone's video player app.

Disclaimer: we both use Google Messages vs Samsung Messages app (though we primarily use Google Hangouts or Chat (I also use Google Voice).

I suspect there's something amiss when sending or receiving between Android and iPhone. (remember, I mentioned video quality is horrible when our neighbor sends videos via text to us using their iphone)
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Here's a video I shot, showing the video I sent to my wife's phone
https://youtu.be/I0vtShvUsi0
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

@user751201tmO21 I am confused.  I watched your YouTube video, and think the video looks awesome.  You can see that the horse has a shiny coat, and the leaves on the trees appear to move at a different rate.  It looks awesome to me, even when full-screened on my laptop.

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
why are you confused?
I was simply demonstrating that texting videos Android to Android results in high quality videos on the receiving end.

So the issue the OP is having, is obviously because the video is being sent to/from Android and iPhone

I can also attest that videos texted to me sent from an iPhone look horrible
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
my bad, my confusion was that I thought you were the OP, sorry.
0 Likes