JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wma won't play on s21!

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 01:24 AM)
jp2outdoors
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a lot of music from my old cds that I can no longer hear since upgrading my phone. Why? Is this something Samsung did and are they going to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration. On Galaxy phones or tablets, some file formats may not work with all apps or may not work with certain versions of apps. However, many file formats are supported by downloadable apps. Review the following list to see what file formats are supported on your phone or tablet. Give this link a try for compatible files: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001308/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
s21collins
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Following
0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

What music app are you using to play the files? I tried on my S21 with a .wma file and it worked on the stock Samsung music player as well as the YouTube Music player. You can submit an error report through the Samsung Members app! sound like a software bug. 

What software version are you on btw?  (Settings > Software Information > Build Number  (last 4 characters)) 

0 Likes
userBDlaBPEetM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My build number is: RP1A.2000720.012.G991USQS4AUFD.

Is that what yours is?

0 Likes
userBDlaBPEetM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem. I saw in another post the response from Samsung was to force you to install a 3rd party app from Google Play to do it. The problem with that is they have adds that interrupt the music and the ones I tried don't play .wma files either. It worked on my S8 Active fine so why the change in the player? I cry foul on Samsung for this oversight. Most of my music is ripped from old CDs and ended up in wma format.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration. On Galaxy phones or tablets, some file formats may not work with all apps or may not work with certain versions of apps. However, many file formats are supported by downloadable apps. Review the following list to see what file formats are supported on your phone or tablet. Give this link a try for compatible files: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001308/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.