JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I add words to my S22+ dictionary?

(Topic created: 08-24-2022 10:13 AM)
Ottosdad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

How do I add a word to S22+ dictionary?

3 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

To add to the Samsung Keyboard Dictionary, first enter a text box to bring up the keyboard. Type the word you would like to add. Tap the checkmark to accept the spelling. Tap backspace to select the word again and tap it in the suggestion row.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Ivanhoe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I don't see a checkmark after typing word I want to add

CherokeeAmerican
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My Motorola phone I had before this Samsung phone "learned" how I write my texts and also had auto suggestions that made sense as well as deducting what word I really wanted when I "fat-finger" a word. I have large hands with limited feeling on my fingertips due to neck injuries/surgeries. Seriously, Samsung can't figure out what word I want when I type rhere?? The r is next to t, yet, "there" never comes up as an option?!? How about rhe?!? Seriously!! It really thinks I'm trying to type rhythm?? Which word is WAY more likely?!? It doesn't automatically save words it doesn't recognize that are capitalized, therefore, VERY likely to be names or places. Updates always included new words that had just entered societies lexicon. Like Covid. Your suggestions just now are Covington and Covina, EVEN after just typing Covid. Seriously, in 2022, your system thinks I'm talking about Covington (never even heard of it!), not Covid?!? It's still doing it after typing Covid 3 times!!! Has to be the LEAST INTUITIVE keyboard/dictionary ever!! Is there an app or something that will give me more intelligent suggestions for the words I want?????? And actually "learn" my communication patterns?? Do you think the next word that starts with h after - On my way - is help?!? COME ON!!! That's not even proper English!!