Original topic:

How can I transfer content from my secure folder to my new device?

(Topic created: 05-02-2022 09:57 AM)
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Does anyone have a work around for getting content from your secure folder to your new device? Samsung have abolished cloud backup for the secure folder. Anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Oxford
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
If you use Smart Switch it will transfer over everything out of your secure folder to the new phone.
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I didn't see that option when I initiated it
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22

I don't like using Smart-Switch, as I don't want to copy any bad settings from one device to the next.  What I did to prepare for my S22 Ultra, coming NEXT Wednesday, was to move all of my content in DCIM, and Pictures over to my computer's desktop.  once that was done, I had nothing in my gallery.  I then un-hid all of my secure folder, and transfered this to a Secured folder,  on my computer.  When the new device comes in, I will transfer the secured folder back into the root, and then move all of this back to the new secured folder, BEFORE copying all of the new content.  This should work pretty much the same for any other type of data.  I do have apps there, but nothing that i need backed up...

Rplatt56
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
The only other solution would be to take them out of your secure folder until after you transfer them to the new phone
JCloud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
That's how I've done it before. But I was curuos to see if there was a better way. Thanks