Original topic:

My Galaxy s22 ultra screen unresponsive, shuts down, and restarts itself?

(Topic created: 12-01-2022 03:09 PM)
Creed7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

For some strange reason my phone keeps restarting it self. The thing is very random I could be watching a YouTube video, steaming Netflix, or just browsing through the web and it will begin with screen being unresponsive then after just pressing the power button in hopes of just turning it back on to resume where I left off, the screen goes black and shuts down. 

9 Replies
Dapper_Fox
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This is a semi common bug that a lot of s22 series users are having, including my self. I've tried clearing my cache, which didn't work, and I've recently tried repairing my apps, dont know if that worked yet. The only thing we can really do right now is keep sending the crash logs.
Creed7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea I keep sending them unfortunately this happens more often then I would like
Dapper_Fox
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Absolutely, for me it's been happening around once a day with absolutely to warning or obvious cause. This update has been nothing but a headache
Creed7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea unfortunately I paided to much money for this to keep happening. I will have to leave it in the hands of samsung for now hopefully nothing major. Or at least hopefully my samsung care will cover it
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an ultra as well and I just received a new update at 810MB, after the 13 update. So, hopefully, y'all get it too, soon!
Creed7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Already had the update installed just wondering if maybe a virus is taking over my phone.
LenaCheney
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Is this in android 13? There is an option in settings which is on by default that says it will restart itself when it feels it needs too or something like that. Uncheck it
Creed7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Wow OK is that on the developers option? I will definitely check this out
0 Likes
Dapper_Fox
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I just got a response to my error logs that a new update to fix all of this should be rolling out on the 9th everybody.