Original topic:

Reminder/Calendar apps - block notifications

(Topic created: 12-07-2022 09:33 AM)
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
While attempting to block/disallow notifications from the native Calendar app and Reminder app, I found that the toggle for both apps is grayed out. Additionally, when approaching it from Settings > Notifications > App notifications, neither app appears in the list of apps. Other native apps do appear (e.g. Email). I searched the forum and did not find any other posts with this issue. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. 

S22U - One UI 5.0 - all apps updated - etc. 
2 Replies
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
After getting some guidance from a different forum (not going to mention any names but their initials are ANDROID CENTRAL), I discovered that I had other areas of my phone where my interaction was also grayed (greyed?) out. Bottom line......not good. There will be a factory data reset in my very near future. Should be tons of fun.
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
FINAL:

so come to find out the Calendar, Reminder, and Samsung Cloud apps are all "system" apps. once notifications are enabled, you're stuck. apparently, this is a new thing in One UI 5.0.

if you look in Settings > Notifications > App notifications, you will not find those apps in the list. however, if you tap the three dots (top right) and show system files, those apps appear in the list. though there won't be a toggle next to the app.

this has stumped a number of users on different forum. IF we find an explanation, I'll post it here.
0 Likes