Original topic:

Fast wireless charging

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 04:34 AM)
Options
Galaxy S24

So, I've had the S22 Ultra, S23 ultra and now S24 ultra. I've also owned every variation of Samsung's OEM wireless fast charger back when it was 10 watts and that was like the fastest in the game. Well, not one of the phones listed above that I've owned has been able to pull more than 11.56 watts off of Samsung's OEM wireless Duo charger. I have a smart thing station as well that has 15 watt wireless and all phones pull the exact same limit of 11.5 watts even if the battery is 1%. I don't consider this an issue but it is a bit annoying as basically five extra watts can make a pretty big difference in charge speed when I do utilize the wireless chargers around my house.

Yes, I make sure the phone is the only thing on the duo I know that having buds or a watch on the secondary coil will slow down the primary. I've ruled out any user error. Every single one of the chargers is running on and OEM 25 w Samsung fast charger with type c to type c connection. Funny enough the only thing I haven't tried is buying a third party wireless charger from Amazon but that's why I'm posting here to see if anybody else has noticed that Samsung's phones do not pull 15 watts wireless under any circumstances (measured both by what the charger is pulling from the PPS charging brick and measured through system level access monitoring software on one of the phones to verify accuracy of a non-system level app that measures wireless charging speed) cases are all off the phones and there is just absolutely no reason why when my phone is completely dead, it won't accept or negotiate 15 watts from their own branded 15 watt wireless chargers. These phones are 10 watt wireless, they're not 15w. They peak 11.5w and and the rest of the time between 9-10.5w. 
Anyone else noticing this ever since Samsung introduced 15 wireless fast charging? I don't have any experience with the 21 or 20 but all three most recent flagships seem to be completely software limited since they all peak the exact same 11.5 +/- 0.1
0 Likes
2 Replies
fireball69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Where do you go to turn it on so for wireless charge
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Here, you can follow my screenshots.
Enter device settings first then start from the first screenshot and you'll find fast wireless charging no problem.1714357783845.jpg1714357783844.jpg1714357783859.jpg1714357783862.jpg
0 Likes