JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 08:06 PM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

89 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Got my s24 ultra, read a post regarding a camera issue, basically is if you focus on an object, when you swich between lens, the focus object should not move or shift, but the new 24 Ultra have an issue when you switch between lens, 1, 3, and 5 time close up zoom, you will notice your focus object is out of focus, especially between 3 times and 5 times zoom. Check your camera. I wonder what I have to do besides call samsung. The post says it's hardware issue, is that means faulty one? 

Thank you! 
sooka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My S24 Ultra has this issue as well. Its more pronounced when you're zooming in while taking a video. Just ruins the video with a significant shift in the focus area. I am coming from an iPhone 14PM and did not have any such zooming issue on it. Quite disappointed with the flagship offering from Samsung. Love the phone, hate the camera.

I suppose if you're within the return window then an easier option is to return it. Also, looking for other opinions here and really hoping Samsung fixes it with a software update so I can keep the phone.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I heard that it is a hardware issue, so I am not sure if software updates can fix it, and of course, I am not an engineer. Also, it says it happens to the first patch. Maybe the later one won't have this issue. I am going to call Samsung.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Look on your box and see where it was made?

If India, it is hardware
0 Likes
sooka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine is made in Vietnam

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine made in Vietnam too.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
What will Samsung do if it is the hardware problem?
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
If it is a hardware problem, they will have to replace it!
Wabs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

My camera is behaving the very same way as yours, and it was made in Korea?

0 Likes
vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same issue. But I don't see much of a change in focus as much as I see a slight shift it the subject I'm taking a picture of. It looks to me that it's due to the position of the camera lenses. When zooming in and out, the cameras switch, and this causes your entire photo to move slightly. This isn't so much of a big deal when taking a photo, but it's not good when shooting videos because it ruins the smoothness of zooming in and out. I can't believe Samsung launched this camera without thoroughly testing the software. So many customers reporting issues with the S24's should be an embarrassment for Samsung.