JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Accessory service notification won't go away on Galaxy watch 3

(Topic created: 03-16-2023 09:36 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Don't know where this belongs, but most "Accessory service" posts are here.

S21 phone and S8 watch.  My phone is frequently giving me something similar to "Samsung Accessory service, tap for details."  the link apparently isn't tapable.

A google search suggests insuring I have the most recent version.  Google play shows "incompatible with your device." 

Do I need Accessory Service?  Is it incompatible?  How do I stop the alerts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. The first thing I would recommend is resetting your watch. This will take your device back to factory standards and when you repair the watch it will update all the apps associate with the watch such as accessory services to the latest version. Give this link a try to properly reset your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the accessory services and would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please elaborate on the symptoms you are experiencing and what type of watch you are using?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

SM--R840

Symptoms?  The last couple of days I'm getting notifications on my S21 (swipe down) something similar to 'samsung accessory service.  tap for details."  The notification isn't tapable.  Found a google article suggesting upgrading to current version.  Google play claims the Accessory service isn't compatible with my S21.

I started this search because I'm getting a LOT of notification sounds on my S21 that no longer appear on my watch.  Text messages, Smartthings, "Device Pairing" as examples.

Related or not, recently, I'm getting notifications on my phone similar to "Don't miss out on these great jobs . . ." and "track <person's name> . . ."  Tapping on these open Samsung Internet.  No idea why I'm getting them

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any place I can ask this and get an answer?  Google play notes it's incompatible with my S21, but a Google search claims I need it for my watch3

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. The first thing I would recommend is resetting your watch. This will take your device back to factory standards and when you repair the watch it will update all the apps associate with the watch such as accessory services to the latest version. Give this link a try to properly reset your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the suggestion.  resetting my watch has eliminated the "device Pairing" notification

0 Likes