JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dear Samsung: please help us tattooed folk

(Topic created: 09-11-2021 08:50 PM)
wwickedd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Dear Samsung, please give us an option to disable wrist detection via update. I own a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and notifications do not work. I've tried workarounds like putting a skin colored bandaid on the sensor but notifications are still hit or miss. 

I really don't want to return this watch. Thx. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

23 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes Samsung, please enable the same setting that's been available on every single Samsung/Galaxy watch prior to the GW4 that allows notifications to come through while the watch isn't actively being worn. It's the ONLY way some of us will ever receive any of our notifications!!
Options
Galaxy Watch

I THIRD this Topic. This needs to be fixed because I didnt have these problems with the Galaxy Active 2 Watch. I just paid all this money for this Watch 4 and this is the main reason why I even own a smart watch. For the notifications..........I could care less about the health stuff.  SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX THIS VIA AN UPDATE!! I only use Samsung Pay and I have to unlock the watch evertime I put my wrist up because it does NOT stay unlocked like its supposed to while on my body! Its tight on my wrist. Please FIX THIS

Options
Galaxy Watch
So. I'll say. I ranted and raved how notifications were not coming through or were a hit or miss on the Galaxy Watch 4. I was mad and frustrated. Then found out maybe it's the tattoos and not making contact with my skin right. Well my Galaxy Active 2 worked correctly no issues. So cleaned it real good. Changed everything in the settings on the phone and app to no avail. Deleted end redownload we the app, restarted it over and reset it over and over. I was getting ready to send this back.

So then. I pushed it up my wrist about an inch from where I used to wear it. You can see my tan line a little from where I always wear my watches. Hours and hours later and I'm still receiving notifications and it's staying Unlocked took it off and on and put it in the same spot and it has been fine. Used Google Pay twice with no problems today. This has been the culprit. So for everyone complaining about notifications being a hit or miss, do this. Put it higher on your wrist and make sure the band is snug. I have a stretch band that I can adjust to make tighter. Not super tight but having it on the skin good. I believe the bone in my wrist might have caused the issue. Never had a problem with my other galaxy watches but this one just has to be this way. And guess what? I have tattoos as you can see. No problems.

I'm finally happy.20210912_192723_384.jpg20210912_192720_383.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm glad it's working better on yours now. Mine still isn't staying awake OR receiving notifications..... ughScreenshot_20210915-013952_Gallery.jpg
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

steve000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes bring back wrist detection please.. I had to go back to my 3 classic just for me to receive notifications again. I cannot use my 4 classic on either arm other than just a watch to tell time.
Ken77
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sooooooo with lots of research i finally found a solution for the galaxy watch 4 to receive notifications now being that I wasn't getting any do to tattoos 

H3Mi75
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
how?
0 Likes
Ken77
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's called on Amazon 1inch 25mm clear dome stickers