JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 screen not responding.

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 10:19 PM)
Samsung_DBlHqrQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

this morning I put my watch on the charger because it was nearly drained.  when I picked it up it said my failed pin attempts would reset the watch after 5 tries.  I hadn't tried to enter the pin.  When I did, the watch would only put 22222** on the screen. I reset the watch and it now no longer works.  Only change is I updated the Galaxy Wear app on the phone.  what caused this and how to resolve?!

16 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand how frustrating this is. The watch will need to be evaluated by a certified technician. For service options, please reach out to us via one of the following options: 1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513- 3. Private message: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userZKigJ4FC30
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Watch Active2 (B384) Model: SM-R820 / 

Software information:

• One UI Watch Version 2.0
  • Tizen version 5.5.0.2
  • Software version R820XXU1DUH1
  • Last software update installed on 9/2/21.

Knox version

• Knox 2.5.0
  • Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.5.0
  • SE for Tizen 2.0.0
  • TIMA 3.0.0

Please review and provide instructions for correcting Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 touchscreen no longer functioning or advise if watch is no longer repairable and has run its life cycle.

I am experiencing the same issue as others are with the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 touchscreen no longer functioning. From reviews I have have read it appears to be a widespread problem for the touchscreen to stop functioning after approx. eight (8) months of operation. With this problem occurring often, I’m hopeful a rectification is obtainable for resolving as procuring a watch at this cost to get so insignificant use is inadequate.

Specific details:

• Watch first began to slightly vibrate, open & closing app screen several times the stopping.
  • Several days later watch touchscreen became unusable.
  • Both side buttons remain to work.
  • Phone can connect and go thru settings.
  • After a reboot the touchscreen attempts to work however after its completely booted up stops working again indicating this could be a software or hardware issue.

Below are actions I completed attempting to resolve touchscreen not functioning with no success:

• Updated latest available software.
  • Using phone verified settings and found no accessible settings, do not disturb or other settings out of ordinary.
  • Changed watch faces to several preinstalled standard ones.
  • Uninstalled all applications capable of being uninstalled.
  • Rebooted watch using side button numerous times.
  • Allowed battery to completely discharge to turn watch off, recharged, and turned back on.

0 Likes
mojopin33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have had my Galaxy active 2 for just over a year and one morning wake up to the screen being totally non-functional. The side buttons work. I performed at least four factory resets. The screen is in totally flawless condition there's not even a scratch on it. I contacted the local certified Samsung repair center and was told that the part to repair it cost almost as much as the watch itself. So am I basically stuck with no watch now?

Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yup
0 Likes
bluehaze911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did this happen after installing the latest update? Several of us are having similar issues after updating the watch OS.
mojopin33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes but not immediately. It was at least a week prior
0 Likes
userkNWM01NWe2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the exact same issue you mention.  My Active2 stopped working after last update.

I understand Samsung wants to charge to repair this issue that is caused by their own software update.

Has anyone checked the cost of this repair by Samsung?

bluehaze911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
They told me I would have to send it in to be evaluated then would let me know the charge. They require your credit card before they'll send the shipping label to you to send it in but was assured there would be no charges until they talk to me first & I can then decide whether to have it fixed or not. I have not sent it in because their credit card system was down so they wouldn't send the mailing label.
0 Likes
mojopin33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I never trust anyone who begins with "I just need your credit card number first." I'm barely a full month outside of warranty.. I realize that still is out of warranty but this doesn't seem to be an isolated issue. I highly doubt this is a hardware issue because I could literally put my watch in a box and convince people it's new. So that leaves software.. mine didn't fail immediately after update but at least a week later. That's odd but still the most likely cause. Don't see why they don't issue a patch and I can send it to the watch.. I can get into recovery mode