JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 05-10-2022 08:09 PM)
realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

121 Replies
Don9690
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had that issue on my phone a few times, I had to make sure I deleted the VM. 

Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have been the same issue since I got my S22 Ultra. On my S21 Ultra I was able to remove the notification through settings on the phone it self.. Now, I cannot find whatever that setting was. The only was to remove it is to turn off phone notifications which means.. No phone calls notifications.. What's the point of that? This bug is always draining my battery and I keep getting these notifications every 3 minutes! So I sometimes lose real notifications because I think it's a the voicemail notification.. Please add an option to remove voicemail notifications!
0 Likes
colorless
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Okay,  here is the step by step instructions to clear the voicemail notification on your watch. 
1. Go to the notification 
2. Click "check voicemail"
3. Make the call on your watch 
4. It will say "want the phone to make the call". Click no and the voicemail notification will disappear after that. 
FoxBabe19
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did the notification stay cleared for you? I have that issue anytime I either don't have service or my watch disconnects from my phone. It is super irritating and drains my battery. Hopefully this will cure the issue. Thanks for sharing
FoxBabe19
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It actually did not work for me. I tested it by disconnecting my watch from my phone and it popped back up as soon as I reconnected it. Don't know what else to do?
colorless
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Okay first things first. Check your voicemail to be sure you don't have any. Go on your watch and click on "check voicemail" right away it will make a call. Make sure you click no. The watch will make the call and give the voicemail time to check your inbox. Soon after that the notification will disappear.
0 Likes
FoxBabe19
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I tried that. Popped right back up after the watch reconnected to the phone. And yes I know there is no voicemails because I clear them as soon as I get them. Hopefully Samsung will fix this bug...
0 Likes
Fatenyl
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I constantly have a voice mail notification. I can call my vm it goes away then within 5 minutes it's back. I thought the beta might have fixed this 
FoxBabe19
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mt watch 4 has been doing this for MONTHS now. It is especially bad when I'm in and out of service and it will go off anywhere from 3 to 6 or more times in a row which in turn kills my battery. Samsung is aware of this issue but no word on if there is a fix for it in the works or not. I've read that others say you have to submit an error ticket on it, but I can't even figure out where to go to do that on here. Wish I had good news for you...
realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine was fixed with a specific patch that Samsung only pushes to people with the specific problem. I actually went through the tech support liaison with my carrier (T-Mobile) and one day it was fixed without my being notified that the fix came through. I just assumed it did. In any case here's the link to put in a support ticket with Samsung  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ .  There are many threads on this here, but someone messaged me the other day and said he (at least for now) solved it this way: "How I fixed it today... Turned off Bluetooth on my phone. Once my watch was disconnected from phone I used my watch to click the notification to check voicemail using my watch. Listened to it telling me I didn't have any voicemail. Hung up. Turned Bluetooth on again. Once my phone connected. No more notifications for voicemails that I don't have. "