Original topic:

Galaxy Watch SM-R810 will not charge or power on

(Topic created: 12-05-2021 02:16 PM)
Chigal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch keeps getting a black screen and when it finally came back in, I did a reboot and reset. Now it keeps telling me it can't charge due to overheating.  Does anyone know how to fix this? Has Samsung issued a fix or offered any guidance?

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am very sorry to hear your device won't charge due to overheating, and can understand the frustration that arises from that. Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smart watch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Use this guide to help keep your devices at their normal operating temperature. Give this guide a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
Chigal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for the information. However, my watch will not charge past 25%. As of yesterday, December 5th, I can't get it to charge at all. I've taken it off the charger for several hours, put it back on it says it's charging (shows lightning bolt), and the %percent charged (usually 0%). After several hours, it had not charged at all. I did this several times yesterday anThed tried again today and same problem. The little circle part of the watch has gotten very warm when going through this process. HELP!20211206_161445_4992_1638825285.jpg20211206_161304_4990_1638825184.jpg20211206_161505_4993_1638825305.jpg
0 Likes
steveo57
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

If it is under warranty I would send or take it back.  Otherwise might try a compete wipe or reset of the watch.  Good luck

0 Likes
Chigal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the information. I can't keep the watch on long enough to do anything.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @Chigal, I understand how frustrating it is when your watch will not charge or power on. Unfortunately, if the watch is unresponsive to troubleshooting, it would be recommended to have the watch evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes