JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5 Manager crashing: One UI 5

(Topic created: 11-03-2022 01:57 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm unable to set up my Galaxy watch 5 Pro because it keeps crashing at about the third step. This makes it where my watch is useless. I've tried resetting the network settings for setting the watch update in and downgrading various versions of both the watch manager and the Galaxy wearable application. None of it works for me.  I am using the Galaxy s22 Ultra on T-Mobile network running one ui5.0.

I did a test on my Galaxy S21 Ultra that I have with setting up the watch5 on that. It's running the previous one UI version. I was able to pair up the watch without any issues. 

With that it seems the issue is between the Galaxy watch manager and the new one UI version 5.0. can we please get this squared away. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update! It's now working, Samsung replied yesterday that Google addressed the issue. I tried today and everything is good to go. Thanks teams

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a similar setup (Watch 5), but I'm on BT and the watch is not Pro. I assume the problem is an LTE one. Have you found any other people who are experiencing the same? That has to be beyond frustrating.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Most people use iPhones. I don't know.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
One Ui5 this exists first I heard about it. I have the fold 4 with my Classic Cadillac Gear S3 frontier. So how is the Ui5 is it a beta? Other than problem with watch 5 pro
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's in the official version with the S22U. The problem first occurred while the software was still in beta. It's yet to really be fixed.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@ucancwhatic Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Galaxy Wearable app on you S22U? I believe it will prompt you for deleting the plug-ins as well. 

Another troubleshooting test you could do is to boot your S22U in safe mode. If you don't see any  GW5 Manager crashes while booted in safe mode you know that it is a 3rd party app conflict. 

I have the GW5 Pro BT connected to an unlocked Fold 4 on the UI5 beta and have had no issues. 

Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello, I've tried that and used several versions of both the manager/plugin & wearable applications.

However I haven't tried a safe mode boot. I'll give that a try when I can. I'll update you once done.

Thanks
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
@SamsungAdam hello, how are things coming along with resolving this matter?
0 Likes
Lonerider59
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Getting Galaxy Watch 5 manager failures constantly, making the watch completely useless to you as cannot connect to your phone. This is not a good situation for anyone especially people who maybe are doing some sort of health monitoring and purchased the watch for mainly that reason.
Danielle2529
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having the same problem today. All of a sudden... after using this watch for over 8 weeks, for medical reasons... my watch just disconnected. And now I can't reconnect to my phone. It's showing my watch is available, but then I go to connect and receive an error.
0 Likes