JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5/6 series custom ringtones no longer working??

(Topic created: 01-25-2023 03:41 PM)
Blackorican
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an update for the galaxy watch 5 pro and my custom ringtones are gone even though the files are still on the watch. Tried readding them but they don't even show up to be selected anymore. Anyone else have this issue and able to fix it? The standard tones don't work for me.

Bigdog22117
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
See if your custom plays with any of the preloaded ones mine tend to play with morph and sky
0 Likes
Arch0199
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can't even figure out how to set them. There doesn't appear to be any native option. Is there a third party solution that works reliably? I also just noticed this entire troubleshooting thread is for the 5 Pro, when I just have the 5...
Bigdog22117
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just have the 5 also use the YouTube video link in this thread try the ringtones I said
0 Likes
Arch0199
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Found the folder with the base tones, but when I add a file it doesn't show. Is there a particular bitrate or length, etc I need to shoot for?
0 Likes
Bigdog22117
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wow you going a little to deep, all I did was put music in the ringtone and notification folders and as I was going through the settings I heard my tones coming from the tones that came on the watch
0 Likes
Bigdog22117
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
See if your ringtone plays when you choose morph for ringtones, and sky for notifications
0 Likes
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have added a mp3 notification tone to my Galaxy Watch 5 pro. When I click on it it tell me cannot open file of this type. Are we only able to add mp3 files to the music folder only and not notifications?
0 Likes
Jaymon4477
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I saw in a previous discussion that was opened in November, a specific method was mentioned referencing a YouTube video on how to properly upload/copy/select custom ringtones.  That doesn't appear to work any longer.  Is this something Samsung knowingly took away from us?  I went to Samsung because they were the complete opposite of Apple and I have been a faithful since the Galaxy S3 phone, I've had 2 Galaxy Gear watches, as well as the original Galaxy Watch and just got the Galaxy 5 Pro because of how happy I've been.  Now I have to choose a ringtone that doesn't match my phone.  Please tell me this will be fixed with a future software upgrade.  

Rutjan666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Only method working so far is through adb debugging: https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/wyb8j7/guide_how_to_customize_ringtones_notifications/

But one thing, once it's done, don't ever go back to the ringtone settings, or it's gonna break what you just did!

Also, procedure has to be redone after every reboot...

Jaymon4477
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's the only way it worked for me, however it's my understanding a reset of the watch means I need to connect via CMD and re-run the command to set the custom ringtones by ID.  

0 Likes