JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it possible to use emergency SOS on an non-Samsung device ?

(Topic created: 03-23-2022 07:45 AM)
userR4JznDT9UD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am currently using a Galaxy Watch Active 2 (Bluetooth & WiFi only) on an iPhone with the Glaxy Wearable App, but I don't have access to the Emergency SOS feature.

Is it possible to use it with an iOS device ? Or with another Android device ?

Do I have to use the LTE/4G version for this or will the Bluetooth version send SOS's with any phone (given it is connected to it) ?

Help me out, i really need this feature to work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
  • Unable to respond to messages due to Apple's closed iOS ecosystem
  • Unable to set up Samsung Pay
  • Transferring music is cumbersome via a web browser as opposed within the iOS app. However, Spotify support provides a better experience for online and offline listening
  • Unable to transfer watch screenshots to your phone - probably only an issue for this reviewer but something to bear in mind
  • Unable to configure SOS message functionality for Galaxy Watch
  • iPhone Reminders not synced
  • Notifications, while the majority of notifications are shown on the Galaxy Watch, you can only view them or dismiss them. E-mails were notable by their absence though, and during our time with the Galaxy Watch we didn't see a single E-mail notification
  • Can't sync Wi-Fi networks from an iPhone, these have to be added manually
  • Find My Phone is pretty much useless if your phone was on silent when it slipped down the back of the chair cushion! Stick to Find my iPhone instead. While conversely, Find My Watch from the iPhone works as advertised vibrating the watch while playing an alarm sound
  • iOS version doesn't support the setting up of Samsung SmartThings

View solution in context

5 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

You won't get access to all features if you pair a Galaxy Watch with a different device. Must be paired with a Galaxy

userR4JznDT9UD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the reply, but what features exactly aren't available ? Does it include emergency SOS ?

What about Android devices ?

Solution
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
  • Unable to respond to messages due to Apple's closed iOS ecosystem
  • Unable to set up Samsung Pay
  • Transferring music is cumbersome via a web browser as opposed within the iOS app. However, Spotify support provides a better experience for online and offline listening
  • Unable to transfer watch screenshots to your phone - probably only an issue for this reviewer but something to bear in mind
  • Unable to configure SOS message functionality for Galaxy Watch
  • iPhone Reminders not synced
  • Notifications, while the majority of notifications are shown on the Galaxy Watch, you can only view them or dismiss them. E-mails were notable by their absence though, and during our time with the Galaxy Watch we didn't see a single E-mail notification
  • Can't sync Wi-Fi networks from an iPhone, these have to be added manually
  • Find My Phone is pretty much useless if your phone was on silent when it slipped down the back of the chair cushion! Stick to Find my iPhone instead. While conversely, Find My Watch from the iPhone works as advertised vibrating the watch while playing an alarm sound
  • iOS version doesn't support the setting up of Samsung SmartThings
userR4JznDT9UD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow, thanks for all that, that's very helpful.

I was just wondering if a random android device (such as a Huawei for instance) would have the same flaws given that it isn't a Galaxy, or would some of these features be available anyway ?

I am mostly interested in the SOS feature : is it available on other android devices ?

Thanks again for your help !

userR4JznDT9UD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

After a breif chat with the support, I finally have an answer :

Any non-Samsung device will not have access to the Emergency SOS feature, you must have a Galaxy phone for this.