JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 08-31-2021 09:58 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
user2F5xZB8PIK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my watch in December 2019.  It has fallen off twice. 1st time on July 4th, 2020, then again in September, 2 months later.  Both times they are covering it free, but it is definitely a flaw in the rubber gasket and glue.   My wife and Daughters have had no problems just me.

0 Likes
userjnVFF211z9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

SAME EXACT ISSUE.  My husband got my watch for me for Christmas last year (2019), and last week the sensor plate fell off.  If you look, there are sooo many people saying the same thing in these communities.  All you have to do is search for Samsung Active 2 Galaxy Watch back falls off, and bam...several people complaining about the exact same issue.  Clearly this is a flaw with the watch.  I'm hesitant to contact customer service, because I've now read way too many people saying that Samsung blames the customer and considers it water damage, when it most definitely isn't that.  I've been a Samsung loyal customer for years (phones, tablets, watch, TVs, fridge, washer/dryer, etc)....I really hope that one of my favorite things (my watch) doesn't cause me to think otherwise of Samsung.  Samsung needs to make this right for all of us with this exact same issue.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you would like to have the sensor plate reapplied, please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky Or you can contact customer service at 1-800-726-7864

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought one of these Samsung watches reconditioned with the back repaired. I noticed a gummy sticky application on a small black sponge like seal that came off onto my wrist the first day out of the box.

My solution was to clean the back, seal and disc thourghly. Sprayed Seal Coat Clear Urethane Coating on disc and seal. Put them on the back, careful to align them up with sensors. Let sit for 8 hrs.

Wearing my watch still. No issues so far. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please know that self-repair could void the warranty on your device

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usericbmrIG9Et
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is unacceptable Samsung!  There are posts here going back to 2019!  These sensor covers are not falling off because of misuse.  This is a design issue.  Your techs told me that I'd have to pay @$200 to repair a 2 year old watch!  You should do the right thing and fix this.

SteveFrench8801
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm sorry to hear that! Have you tried a reputable 3rd party repair shop? The cover part is cheap, and most repair shops could do it fairly quickly. If you need help finding a shop, let me know
0 Likes
Members_tQGrFyq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got my active2 in late June, and the back fell off today.  I'm going to send it in, but if they tell me it's not covered, I might consider a class action or at least contacting my state's attorney general.  This appears to be a common enough defect that the replacement back is readily available on Amazon.  How can you sell a watch as being rated for 5ATM and then void the warranty because it falls apart from normal use and then lets in water?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is so upsetting. May 31, 2020, after much researching I bought the Active 2 for $312.00.  I have never paid that much for a watch!!!!  October 13, 2020, the sensor cover fell off.  It was replaced, then on April 27, 202, it fell of again. Now, several days ago, it fell off again.  

I do not bathe or swim with it on and try to keep it dry.  I read that you can sleep in it, wear it all the time. I did no more, no less.          Today they tell me that the repair is out of warranty.  So, I paid big bucks in my way of thinking, in the last 1.5 years of owning the watch have had to send it for repairs, and now they are telling me.  Too bad.  The cover should have fallen off 90 days from the last fix!!!!!!     I went through three different "chats" to get to the right person, who told me the above, then sat on line for the supervisor who was on the phone.  I had to go back to work.  No word yet from them, other than a text I can't call back or respond to (not satisfying).  

I have bought 3 Samsung phones... Notes... I am done even though I love the note, but SERVICE STINKS AND THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND A DEFECTIVE WATCH.  

SAD AND DISAPPOINTING BECAUSE I BLEW $312.00

0 Likes
userdJNXjyYv7n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm so disappointed with the quality of the Galaxy watch.  I bought it at Christmas and the back cover/sensor slides off and sticks to my arm when I take the watch off.  The adhesive clearly has failed and with it being such a short time that I've owned the watch, I feel Samsung should take responsbility.  I wear the device often, like it's designed to be worn.  I didn't trust that it would do well in water, so I haven't used it in water, though it clearly states that it could be worn in water.  Like many others here who are Samsung brand loyal, we own many of their electronics, I've had just about every iteration of the Galaxy phone.  This watch does not live up to their standards which is a shame.  I agree with other posts that it's probably better to move to Apple or just buy the least expensive watch you can find and expect to replace it often.  

0 Likes