Original topic:

Watch maker blues .

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 07:24 AM)
electro_cat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello everyone .

I have to say that I am ready to go to Apple Watch.  I recently got a Samsung flip three and tried to pair my gw4.  It paired OK but the watchmaker no longer works. 
i’m beating my head against the wall here trying to figure out what the heck to do.

I have designed a custom watch called Pilot one. It is the perfect watch face and I spent a lot of time designing it.  All the other watch faces I’ve seen are pretty much useless to me. I want you to see time I want I tank switch timer for flying I want a certain color for night vision you get my point? I want 24 hour time I want a second hand I want things that I designed..  Now I have to deal with some goofy watch face that I really can’t stand.

I am not new to programming. The first programing I ever did was in Z80 assembler, Apple 6502 Amiga , Rex and quite a few other systems way back in the bbs days . I am a EEE a pilot a flight instructor and a HAM 

It seems odd to me that the pay watches all seem to work for download but anything I did on watchmaker is somehow impeded . I have 12 days to try out this Samsung flip three and honestly I spent a good week debugging the power issues so wouldn’t burn down the battery. That is working correctly now .

When I tried to pair my watch with the new phone , it actually wrote and corrupted to my back and file for my watch so I don’t understand that either I’m about ready to go to Apple.

I have debugged the Samsung flip three and I like the phone but I gotta have my watch face the way I need it. This is a fight I plan to win. 
Does anyone have any insight as to why the galaxy four watch won’t work with watchmaker no matter what I do? 

thanks 

cat 

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@electro_cat The previous Samsung watches used Tizen OS. The GW4 uses Wear OS. 

Have you checked with the developers of the watchmaker app to see if it is compatible with Wear OS and the GW4?

0 Likes
electro_cat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello there LongHiker

Your statement is a bit of a non sequitur . ( to say the least ) Did you read the part when I mentioned that it worked till I changed to a new mobile device ?(samsung flip 3 ) 
did you also read the part where I mentioned I have been programing since the days of BBS in various including assembler ?  Did you understand that I said I am a triple E a pilot , flight instructor and ham ? 

I appreciate your diligence but you should read the entire brief before responding .

logic dictates that if the watch face loaded before and was developed by me on the same watch , that your argument is nvalid .  Your Tizen OS does not enter into the discussion since I developed the Watch face on this device- something I mentioned in the start of this discussion . if however in future you have useful information to offer , I would welcome it .

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good afternoon, I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when we face compatibility issues with our devices. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
electro_cat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is the fix for the galaxy watch and watchmaker  application. 

Number one: do not use the wear os app!
Make sure you go onto your phone settings and allow unknown apps to be installed .

Turn location on everything.

Uninstall the watchmaker app and then reinstall it. It should prompt you after you install it for the phone, to install it for the watch as well. After that you’ll be able to install what ever free face you want from watchmaker .

Don’t try to beat your head against the wall trying to make wear OS work , it won’t. Watchmaker has its own companion app for the watch itself so be sure to uninstall and reinstall. 

Watch face seen below is the PILOT ONE  watch I developed a few years ago .
I prefer it Because It doesn’t have  a lot of goofy graphics and distractions and it’s made specifically for pilots. The color scheme is designed for night flying and I have a tank switch timer on it and universal coordinated time. It is pure information . 
I suppose I’m gonna have to buy the galaxy SDK to develop watch faces but I wanted to do something for free . I didn’t want to charge anybody for.

When I first got in to GW watches, I searched and searched for this kind of build , didn’t find , so I made my own .The watchmaker works out good. 
All of the watch faces I saw on the Samsung site and on the app are just full of graphics and extra things that you don’t really need when you fly . As a pilot you want the most amount of information in a shortest amount of time . Distractions are dangerous .

Don’t get me wrong a lot of those faces on the site or on the app are beautiful and very well done but as a pilot and someone who just wants information , I want what I want and so I developed this it’ll always be free. It took me less than a day to build .  

config the UTC was a bit weird but the color scheme I used closely resembles that of the Bendix king in the cessna R type . Which surprisingly took me a bit to get right .

have a good one 
Cat

C8385204-A7C4-414B-9DAE-6377CF66C2C7.jpeg