Original topic:

Watch overheated twice while idle

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 05:22 AM)
Kp8732
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can anyone tell me why my watch is overheating when I'm not even doing anything on it. It's done it twice now since I had the latest update

0 Likes
6 Replies
07thking
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
In the wear app on your phone go to the settings for your watch and tap on battery see if there are any apps using excessive battery, which might cause a heat up. Also check in the settings on the watch app in privacy. See if any apps are using permissions they don't need, if you haven't already.
0 Likes
Kp8732
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks bud
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, thank you for your question. In addition to what 07thking suggested, there are other things to help with maintaining your device's temperature within a normal range. Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smart watch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Use this guide to help keep your devices at their normal operating temperature. Give this guide a look-see for tips and tricks: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/

Let me know if this helps, thanks!

0 Likes
Kp8732
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Both times it has happened it had a message pop up and said that temperature warning :warning: and went into airplane mode and wouldn't let me touch the screen except to turn it off then when I turn it back on its dead all this started happening after the last update and nothing at all was running out of the ordinary
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for the details of what is happening. Just to clarify, have you tried the steps above and in the link? 

0 Likes
Kp8732
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes but it hasn't done it since those 2 back to back times a day apart
0 Likes