Samsung repair under warranty in Korea

(Topic created: 06-23-2022 09:06 AM)
jay oh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
In Korea, the technician at Samsung said "no damage and clean, under warranty" 
a local Samsung repair store said "no damage and clean, under warranty" 
After Samsung repair center fixed the phone (actually replaced a protector) "damage and out of warranty" When I received my phone from Samsung repair center, I could know that the phone has big problem with screen in about 1 second.
If the phone already got damaged, why the technician in Korea and a local Samsung repair store did not know? I was able to know the screen problem as soon as I turned on the phone.
It was just 1 sec. So, I called Samsung service center and sent back to Samsung as soon as I received.
My phone was almost like new working well. The problem was a blank screen per 2~30 times.  
Samsung repair center made a false step. 
A local Samsung repair store tried to fix as a free.
Samsung repair center replaced a protector as a free.
It means the phone was clean and no damage. 
Now, Samsung say "LCD damage, out of warranty" "pay $400"
This is unfair.  
4 Replies
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I'm sorry that you had this experience.

Perhaps the other stores just did a visual inspection, whereas, Samsung actially ran electronic diagnostic testing, opened the phone, and repaired the internal problem in your phone. And now your phone is like new.
0 Likes
jay oh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

The other stores are Samsung repair center in Korea and one of local Samsung repair centers. They had internal inspections. The local Samsung repair center replaced screen and motherboard. Samsung repair center couldn't fix my phone. They made my phone a rubbish. As you said, Samsung ran electronic diagnostic testing, opened the phone, and repaired the internal problem in the phone.

Samsung repair center ran electronic diagnostic testing, opened the phone, and repaired the internal problem. They just replaced a protector as a free. I found my phone has big problem when I received it from Samsung repair center. I realized the screen problem as soon as I turned on. It took just few second. 

You said, "now your phone is like new." However, my phone was like new and now my phone is like trash.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Sorry, that I misunderstood.
Even more sorry that Samsung trashed your phone.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I apologize,  but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html  to find your country's support page. 

0 Likes