JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to send or receive calls and text

(Topic created: 07-16-2022 09:12 PM)
userKNUZ7tSXMX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

My phone was working perfectly until the software update on Wednesday,  7/13/22.

I no longer am able to receive calls from contact (goes straight to voicemail, with no notification of ever receiving call in phone recent calls)or send SMS messages and when I attempted respond to send SMS messages I get this error messages (Free Msg: Unable to send message - Message Blocking is active).

I am able to send calls  and receive SMS only! I need my phone for personal and business usage.

Can I get some feedback.  Thanks!!

14 Replies
The Burg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You'll need to tell us what phone model you have and who your carrier is first.
0 Likes
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
This is a well known issue after the June/July update on most galaxy devices. Why are you pretending to not know about it?
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It's a known issue affecting many users. The only thing you can do now is to change network mode to 3g/2g. Terrible, but works for now. Also, complain to BBB and FTC. Samsung needs to acknowledge and pay for the damage it caused to people with this update.
Leatza
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank u, this helped. I was able to send a text!
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I am glad this worked for you. But network speed will be terrible unfortunately. Hopefully there will be an actual fix soon.
0 Likes
Rajeshnit2k2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank you, you saved my day.
But how did you know that. I had chat with samsung support and after 1 hour he said the phone needs to checked physically
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I am glad it helped you. I just found it through trial and error. I have found Samsung support to be a joke unfortunately.
The Burg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
My S21+, on Verizon, had received all these updates and it works absolutely perfectly. Zero issues whatsoever. I have June Samsung update, June Play System update, and I just loaded up Nova Launcher 8 Beta. Is every single Samsung model ever made affected by this issue? No. So why don't you tell us what you have and maybe somebody has a fix for that specific model.
0 Likes
userbpXULfTtce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Seems like S21, S22 unlocked versions have this issue. Locked phones might not have it since the update process is a bit different for those.
0 Likes