JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ZFlip 4 Constantly Overheating

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 09:43 PM)
PrayingPoet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

With the way this phone was designed it falls short on its ability to mitigate heat. Due to the folding screen it is my opinion that insufficient insulation is the true culprit. As a resident of Arizona where the heat reaches offensive levels on a normal basis this phone Overheats at the mere pressure of recording a video, or answering a call, or even using google maps. This is an issue that I truly hope they find a remedy for, because without this critical flaw this phone is a marvelous creation.

Thank you all for your time,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when the phone is overheating. 

Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smartwatch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ You can also try clearing the cache partition of the phone.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  5. Press Side key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  8. Press the Side key to restart the device.

If your phone is getting too warm to touch, repairs would be recommended in order to have the technicians evaluate the device. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864. 

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

11 Replies
swaynep
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Foldable phones are garbage. My cousin works at a phone repair center ,and those things are the majority of the returns.
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I've seen warranty exchanges on the fold 3 but have yet to see anything with the 4 series.
0 Likes
Uruso
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I've already exchanged mine once due to an issue with unexpected shutdowns and restarts and the replacement Flip4 unit is still doing the same thing. I don't think that I am quite that unlucky as to get two isolated defective units with the exact same issue in a row.
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Can't really say anything about that because I havent experienced anything like that. I just got mine last week and havent experienced unexpected shut downs. I would reach out to Samsung and ask them what is going on.
0 Likes
Members_d63xArh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Mine is doing this, too, but I'm still within the 14-day return window. It goes from several times per day, if I'm lucky, to several times per hour if things are really bad. No rhyme or reason, either. I won't be using it for anything and it'll just freeze for a few seconds and reboot itself.

I've tried everything: wiping the cache, factory reset, safe mode, and dozens of other things. This feels like it has to be a bad batch of devices or something. I love the phone, but I think I'll return it and wait a few months to see if things improve.

0 Likes
Uruso
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Question: do you use the Audible app? The reason I ask is that I discovered that the widget for Audible can cause random crashes even if you aren't actively using it with the current version of Android.
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have a flip 4 and live in Florida and have no issues so far. And we dont even carry the parts for the fold or flip so we would have to order a warranty exchange or since I have insurance I would have to file a claim for a device replacement, but I love mine and have yet to encounter any issues.
PrayingPoet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Im extremely glad that you are not sharing in the same unfortunate situation as we are with our phones. Hopefully you never experience these issues.
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It just makes me wonder about the quality control that is done, because unfortunately my shop can't any type of hardware repairs on the flip and fold series. The only place I can see that can do repairs is ubreakifix (asurion) and best buy. Assurant will just have the carrier do a warranty exchange if there's no physical damage present.