JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alexa and Samsung Televisions

(Topic created: 10-01-2022 05:08 AM)
irish-lynda
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have set up Samsung TV and alexa and am learning how to control them by voice. I can turn off the TVs by voice but I cannot turn them on again by voice.

I think when the TV turns off it turns off its wifi and so cannot be controlled by alexa, so I need to use the remote control and so that seems to be pointless and only half an implementation of a smart home.

What am I doing wrong ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
.... quote ....
To adjust Alexa’s options, navigate back to Settings, select General, and then select Voice. Enable the Voice Wake-Up function so ****you can turn on the TV with your voice**** , and select Amazon Alexa Settings to change the language and command preferences.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
GIYF

Set up and use voice navigation on your Samsung Smart TV
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088583/
-quote-
Enable the Voice Wake-Up function so you can turn on the TV with your voice,
-quote-

BTW, the TV is never truly powered off
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Use smart things app
0 Likes
irish-lynda
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

user751201tmO21

Thanks for the link, it says to use Alexa press the remote button, if I had the remote near me I wouldn't need alexa, I think this is to allow me to contact Alexa which I can do via the Alexa speaker in the room. 

The Galaxy, again thanks for the reply but I am trying to avoid remotes and tablets as I have severe mobility issues and if the remote or tablet is out of my reach I cannot get to it until someone calls in.

It is frustrating as Alexa can turn the TV off.

Alexa can find the TV channel requested, it shows on the TV and the TV reads out the whats on info, but Alexa cant press the OK button to choose the channel and when the TV has been turned off, even by Alexa, the command Alexa, turn the TV on doesnt work as the TV seems to lose connection to the network when in standby.

nobody seems to know the answer, or the correct Alexa phrase to make things work as they logically should.

I am almost at the point of scrapping a £800 TV that says it is can be connected to Alexa for another TV from another company that can be controlled by Alexa rather than just connected to Alexa.

Solution
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
.... quote ....
To adjust Alexa’s options, navigate back to Settings, select General, and then select Voice. Enable the Voice Wake-Up function so ****you can turn on the TV with your voice**** , and select Amazon Alexa Settings to change the language and command preferences.
0 Likes
Jgamer2
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You should be able to use the Alexa to turn it on. It might be a connection glitch.
0 Likes