JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Loud popping noise when turning on TV

(Topic created: 09-17-2022 07:29 AM)
maxpower1
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The last two times I have turned on this TV there was a loud popping noise like a balloon popping. The tv appears to be working fine.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be concerning with your TV making these sounds. You can make sure of the following below: 

• Ensure that there is adequate ventilation. Some enclosures may not allow for proper ventilation. This causes the internal temperature to increase and the plastic to expand even more than normal. For recommended ventilation requirements, please see your user manual.
  • Make sure there aren't any heating or air conditioning vents pointing directly at the TV.
  • Verify that the TV is on a flat and level surface. Tilting or an uneven stand can increase these noises.

If this does not help then this may require service. You have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be concerning with your TV making these sounds. You can make sure of the following below: 

• Ensure that there is adequate ventilation. Some enclosures may not allow for proper ventilation. This causes the internal temperature to increase and the plastic to expand even more than normal. For recommended ventilation requirements, please see your user manual.
  • Make sure there aren't any heating or air conditioning vents pointing directly at the TV.
  • Verify that the TV is on a flat and level surface. Tilting or an uneven stand can increase these noises.

If this does not help then this may require service. You have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/