Original topic:

No power on samsung TV

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 01:09 PM)
userlLXLm7ZgtQ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I bought a Samsung 37 inch smart TV in July at Bestbuy. While cleaning the other day, I unplugged my TV, and when I went to replug it, it was no longer working.. The only thing showing was a small drawing of an HMDI connection with a red triangle. After spending over an hour on the phone with an agent rebooting and trying all these different things, she realized it was simply broken and had to be sent to the authorized Samsung repair place, Aids TV in flushing, which happens to be the worst rated repair shop in NYC.

So I went and complained to Best Buy, of course they laughed and said there was nothing they could do because I didn't buy the $100 warranty. Then they admitted it would probably be cheaper to buy a new TV then to rent a car to get the stupid TY to Queens and have it worked on by the worst repair shop in NYC.

So new TV it is, but not Samsung, and not from Best Buy...

2 Replies
Jess04
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You can't fault the seller for an issue with a device they didn't make. Did Samsung not give you the option to send it to them or have someone come out to look at it? If you do buy from Best Buy again, I would recommend signing up for their Total Tech Support program. Next month it's transitioning to add more benefits. Such as any item you buy than can have GeekSquad protection applied to it, sill get 2 years of that protection for free!
0 Likes
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Did you unplug the tv, then press the reset button at the back for a few seconds, then plug it in, then turn it on? Just in case you also jerked the hdmi connection loose, could you detach it from the tv and inspect that plug for any loose wires and if nothing seems bent nor broken on the plug and inside the socket then reattach the HDMI plug securely. Do follow this HDMI cord to ensure where it is coming from is also secure and undamaged
0 Likes