JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV displays a white haze at letterbox edge

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 05:02 PM)
user6dauurrK2W
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 65" Q80A series and tonight I noticed a white haze spanning from about 60% to 90% across the border between the stream and the letterbox while watching the Lord of the Rings series.  It was apparent for about 10-15 minutes of the show and is repeatable at the same section of the show.  I've noticed hazing before but never this prominent.  I took a couple of pictures with the lights on and off and it shows up much more extreme in the photos.  I did a picture test and the picture looked fine.  Is this something with the TV or is there something weird about LotR and the segment with "The Stranger" and the fireflies in episode 2?

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be a cause for concern with your display having this issue. If this is occurring just on this episode at this part then the cause will be with the streaming service/episode. But if this is occurring on all sources and during all streaming services then this will require service. You have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/