JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble using antenna with Smart TV

(Topic created: 07-27-2019 08:44 AM)
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am trying to hook up an antenna to my Samsung 4k HD Smart TV.  When I go to the Source menu, there is no source for the antenna.  If I click on the TV option, it brings me to TV Plus instead of prompting me to scan for over the air channels.  Also, when I go to Settings and then Broadcast, the Broadcast option is greyed out.  My TV is connected to the Internet.  I checked for updates and there were none.  Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

38 Replies
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mind providing the model code of the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It is a 49" 2017.  In the back of the book there are 3 model numbers.

UN49MU7000/UN49MU700D/UN49MU7100

Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The model code of your TV will be found on the back on a white/silver label, or inside the menu under Support > Contact Samsung. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Ok, sorry!  Model number is UN49MU7000F

Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

No worries, thanks! Can I ask if you are following the steps listed here to connect the Antenna: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062206/

0 Likes
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes. I am hooking the coax cable from the antenna directly to the input on my TV.  I tried to make sure it was securely in there.  It seems to be tightened all the way in.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are you able to test a different Coax cable? It almost sounds like the TV is not registering that the Antenna is even plugged in. 

0 Likes
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I don't think I have another one to try.  If it was just the coax cable hooked up to the TV, but not attached to anything, would it still register?  Also, I was going to try the antenna on our other TV.  It is a Samsung, but not a Smart TV.

Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Unfortunately not, in order for the broadcast option to run the auto program and not be greyed out, the TV must register the signal from the connected device. Testing the antenna on a second TV, even if it's not a Samsung, will tell us if the cable is indeed bad. 

0 Likes