Original topic:

Q-Symphony not working

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 10:26 AM)
uservXYVG5J02Q
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

I have Neo QLED 800 A and I bought HW-Q600A. When TV + AV comes after hdmi setup from arc to arc on soundbar and TV it sounds only on soundbar and not on TV. 

Please help what am I missing?

manual steps I already followed  -

For Q-Symphony, the Soundbar syncs with a Samsung TV to output sound through two devices for optimum surround effect. When the Soundbar is connected, the option, “TV+Soundbar” appears under the Sound Output menu of the TV. Select the corresponding menu.
TV Menu
HDMI Cable
OR
D.IN
Optical Cable (not supplied)
• TVmenuexample:TV+[AV]Soundbarseriesname[HDMI]
NOTES
• ItcanoperateaccordingtotheCodecsupportedbyTV.
• ThisfunctionissupportedonlywhentheHDMICableorOpticalCable(notsupplied)isconnected. • ThisfunctionisavailableinSamsungTVsreleasedinorafter2020andsomeSoundbarmodels.

thanks

RP

2 Replies
Members_HtQXQaJ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue with QN90A & HW-Q600A, no option shows for TV+Soundbar with Sound Output menu of the TV. Surround sound is the only option available and I'm connected via HDMI ARC.

DTS:X, Atmos auto detects  and plays fine.

I should add that the QN90A is on latest software version: 1805 & Soundbar has latest versions: Mar 10, 2021 Version 0071(DSP) Version 1001.1(SOC) 

The soundbar did have issues with CEC on prior Hisense U6G were it worked fine for 3 weeks then would not work. Had to unplug then plug it back in for it to be detected, so I'm leaning towards the issue may be with the soundbar itself.

0 Likes
Members_HtQXQaJ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Fixed I turned off the soundbar and held down the source button on soundbar to activate sound leveling feature, once it displayed on I had sound mode control options back and was able to select TV+Soundbar.

I got the sound leveling thing from a rtings.com review on the HW-Q600A  soundbar.

0 Likes