JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Soundbar not working

(Topic created: 11-14-2021 06:27 AM)
proz
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
My soundbar and woofer won't work.  Blue light keeps blinking.  I have no warranty.  I purchased from best buy a couple of years ago and don't know where receipt is. Can I return it for exchange? Or send to best buy for repairs 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I understaned hopw this may be frusating wiuth your subwoofer is not working, have you trie dthe folling below? 

1. Check your wall outlet.

Unplug the subwoofer and plug it back in. It should have a standby light if it's receiving power.

If it's not, test the outlet with something else, like a lamp. If the outlet has no power, the issue is with the outlet (although hopefully it's something simple, like a tripped circuit). Contact an electrician for further assistance.

If you know the outlet works but the subwoofer's standby light doesn't come on when it's plugged in, this will require serivce.

2. Press the ID Set button.

Press the ID Set button on the back of the subwoofer with a small pointed object, such as a paper clip. If the LINK light starts blinking, try connecting the subwoofer to your soundbar.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I understaned hopw this may be frusating wiuth your subwoofer is not working, have you trie dthe folling below? 

1. Check your wall outlet.

Unplug the subwoofer and plug it back in. It should have a standby light if it's receiving power.

If it's not, test the outlet with something else, like a lamp. If the outlet has no power, the issue is with the outlet (although hopefully it's something simple, like a tripped circuit). Contact an electrician for further assistance.

If you know the outlet works but the subwoofer's standby light doesn't come on when it's plugged in, this will require serivce.

2. Press the ID Set button.

Press the ID Set button on the back of the subwoofer with a small pointed object, such as a paper clip. If the LINK light starts blinking, try connecting the subwoofer to your soundbar.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes