Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 09:26 AM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userTUIGc6Spjp   I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userU0mGj1p9Yo
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My ice maker keeps freezing up. I can see his has been happening to a lot of people, what is the plan/procedure for fixing this

userEQUShVZsHd
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I have had the ice maker replaced four times (three under warranty and once out of warranty).  Every two weeks, ice forms over the back of the unit.  Within 24 hours, one of the motors turns off and my fridge temp (digital thermometer inside) says it’s 60 degrees.  I want a refund for this defective product that is spoiling my family’s food and making us sick.   Having over three repairs goes against the Federal Magnusson Moss Warranty Act and entitles me to a refund.  Please advise.  
userhwCFN5HV4j
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Good luck. Mine was so bad I replaced the entire ice maker and it finally makes ice without freezing over.
0 Likes
userxNMAwdV02r
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had a whole thread going on this last year, but it looks like Samsung has conveniently removed it.  This issue has been happening since 2017. Samsung agreed to send out a service person to "fix" this issue two times in 2020, effectively taking responsibility for and acknowledging the problem. One year later, the issue is happening again, about once a month. Samsung now refuses to accept any responsibility for further repairs and/or reimbursement. These photos were taken yesterday night at midnight. I am tired of worrying about whether my food is safe, losing money on spoiled food, and spending hours of my time defrosting my refrigerator. Samsung, please do the right thing and help me. This fridge is a nightmare.

20210927_002951.jpg20210927_002958.jpg

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Happens to my ice maker too. I just set the fridge to the highest temp setting for three days and remove the ice build-up.
userxNMAwdV02r
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The fridge was sitting at 47 degrees to begin with due to the ice build up around that refrigerator fan. That is well above the danger zone for food. 

0 Likes
useree0OytBig9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have two RF28HMEDBSR refrigerators, as I initially liked the first in my primary home that I bought one for a summer home. Both have for the past 2-3 years experienced the same problem, namely frosting over of the ice maker, preventing ice from falling, and only temporarily fixed by a double or triple manual defrost followed by reset. This is apparently a design flaw and I’d appreciate solutions to this. I otherwise really like the refrigerators.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I apologize for the issue with the ice maker of the refrigerator(s) and would like to look into this further. Can you provide the following information to proceed with the review in a private message PM Link :

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Full Physical Street Address:
Contact number:
Email address:

Model code:

Serial number:

- Please Note: If you are having an issue replying with the private message link from the app, you can click on my name and select the "message" option as a method to contact me directly as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9ymXhbN39i
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My ice maker keeps freezing and does not work.  Weekly I have been pulling out the ice drawer and using a hair dryer to thaw it out and get it working again.  The fridge is like four years old.  HELP!