Original topic:

Microwave Handle and Warranty

(Topic created: 12-20-2022 01:15 PM)
Members_fScWAOh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Anyone have any experience trying to successfully submit a warranty claim for a broken handle?   I was first denied due to claim being submitted after 1 year of date of purchase even though the unit was installed 11 months ago.  Now Samsung is claiming the handle is not covered under warranty.    I've spent 2 days on the phone with them providing documentation and receipts only to be denied on an interpretation that the handle is physical damage and not covered.  This makes no sense to me as it is a manufacturer default.  I didn't drop the microwave, it didn't fall off the mount, it is not broken for any other reason than it is a faulty item.  

I have asked this ticket be escalated to Supervisors and Managers and the last Manager, Edwin stated he is the head of the experience and can not escalate the ticket any further.   

This experience is completely unacceptable.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I can certainly understand your frustration with this. If you would like, you always have the option to reach out to any of the moderators here in a private message. We would be happy to review your case and provide any additionally information or updates, as well as look for any alternative options that may be available. Just be sure to include your model and serial numbers, and any ticket numbers you have received, in your private message to help us assist you quicker. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, I have microwave combi oven NQ70M6650D, sounds like same problem I have with microwave handle.

The handle came loose, like a set screw inside handle too short or too few threads, and I hear a screw inside of handle after falling out.  I can find no way to remove to repair and re-attach handle, nothing in owner's manual. Seems like poor design for such an important part for using the microwave. 

We installed this unit with whole new kitchen after a wildfire rebuild. Disappointing to have all new kitchen appliances, but the microwave handle of this expensive unit is broken. I wrapped it in tape so at least I can open and use the microwave.

I could see no other recourse but to contact and pay for service technician to try to repair it, so I would be interested in any warranty coverage or payment for repair costs you may discover in your dealings with Samsung.

0 Likes
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I think it's a 90 day manufacturer warranty unless you purchase warranty from the seller....
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I can certainly understand your frustration with this. If you would like, you always have the option to reach out to any of the moderators here in a private message. We would be happy to review your case and provide any additionally information or updates, as well as look for any alternative options that may be available. Just be sure to include your model and serial numbers, and any ticket numbers you have received, in your private message to help us assist you quicker.