Original topic:

Magician message says to update but I cannot

(Topic created: 12-01-2021 09:35 AM)
ConfusedAgain
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Magician message on the Windows screen says to update firmware, but when I go into the Magician app it states it's up to date.

I click on "Update" at the bottom left of the Magician's main screen & it take me to another screen where it lists the software & firmware versions & says I have the latest versions. I click on the arrow at the bottom & it does nothing. I click on the arrow at the top left corner & it brings me back to the main screen where it says to update the firmware. It's taking me in circles.

Do I really need an update? If not then why does it say I do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

68 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
I would recommend that you uninstall the Samsung magician application and then reinstall the software version 7 and then check for the firmware update
0 Likes
userLosXH28jDN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm seeing the same thing.  But is there actually an update available for the 970 Evo Plus?   I'm not seeing it on Samsung's download site either.   So is this a glitch in Magician, or is there really new firmware available?

0 Likes
userLosXH28jDN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

2 weeks later -- still not fixed?!!

0 Likes
userLosXH28jDN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you uninstall and then reinstall and get a firmware update?  What SSD do you have?

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
I am using a Samsung 980 pro
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
ConfusedAgain
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have an SSD 970 EVO Plus & Magician says I have vers 2B2QEXM7, which is the latest vers listed according to Samsung.

Daasein
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same I've been seeing it in windows notifications, a pop-up that came from the app, and then inside the app aswell theres another alert about update but clicking on them doesn't trigger it for 970 Evo Plus... Also have 2B2QEXM7 but heard there is a new 3B2QEXM7 version for the Plus Controller that's not listed on the site? 

Hopefully it adds firmware support for Zoned Namespaces because i've been waiting for the software implementation for a very long time 😞 @user_ams007 

-L
0 Likes
Daasein
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung Magician software firmware update issue. : (reddit)

Seems lots of people are reporting this too 😕 @user_ams007 

-L